You love your golf hat. It's stylish, it keeps the sun and sweat out of your eyes, and it gives you that winning edge on the course. But after a long day of golfing in the hot sun, your trusty golf hat can start to smell a little bit...gamey. That's why it's important to know how to wash golf hats the right way - read on for our top tips.
- Spot clean as needed. If your golf hat is starting to look a little bit dirty, try spot cleaning it with a damp cloth first. You can also use a soft brush or toothbrush. This will help remove any surface dirt and sweat without ruining the shape of your hat.
- Fill a sink or bucket with cool water and add a mild detergent or dish soap. You don't want to use anything too harsh on your beloved golf hat. Instead, choose a mild detergent that's designed for delicate fabrics.
- Swirl your golf hat around in the soapy water for a few minutes, then let it soak for 20 - 60 minutes.
- Rinse the golf hat thoroughly with cool water.
- If your golf hat is still stained or dirty, repeat steps 1-4.
- To dry your golf hat, firstly remove any excess water by gently pressing on the fabric with a clean towel.
- Next, place your golf hat on a clean towel in a well-ventilated area and allow it to air dry completely before wearing it again.
And there you have it - seven simple steps to getting your golf hat clean and looking like new again! Just remember to avoid hot water, bleach, and putting your golf hat in the dryer, as this can damage the fabric and the hat.
When you're ready to add to your prized hat collection and rotate in a new style, we put together the ultimate list. See below and get ready to step up your game.
Check Out The Best Golf Hats For Protection, Style And To Keep You Cool